ABC Student Union
You automatically become a member of this student led organisation when you enrol into our college. Have your voice heard and get involved in volunteering, sports clubs and societies. As part of our student union you will benefit from student discount offered at a range of shops and restaurants.
Join a club or society to meet new people, learn new experiences or improve a skill. The most important thing is to enjoy yourself and have fun! So if you want to wind down and meet people in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, there are also student bars and cafes that you can go to in and around the Bloomsbury area.
Submitted to Student Council or All Student Meeting to be debated and voted on, policies can tell the Union to lobby the University or other external organisations on issues, as well as tell the Union or individual officers to carry out a particular activity. Policies last for 3 years.
As a Charity, our student union is required to have a Board of Trustees legally responsible to ensure that the legal frameworks are followed, while also establishing the finances and strategy for the college and the Student Council. The Board of Trustees is made up of:
- Five Full time Executive officers
- Two members of Student Council
- Two members of Coventry University Board of Governors
- Three external Trustees who volunteer their time
Vote for the student that you wish to represent you and be a voice to champion you and your fellow students.
Clubs and Societies
Society membership can cost between £2.00 and £15.00 depending on activities planned and essential resources required.
You can think about starting a new society, but here is a list of societies already established:
- Art (life drawing, ceramics, drawing lessons, trips to galleries and exhibitions, photography
- Fashion (design and make your own clothing, accessories or jewellery, knit, sew, create)
- Creative writing (read a book and share thoughts and interpretations, go to book festivals and events, share in and perform your own flash fiction, short stories, poetry, podcasts or blogs)
- Music (share your music in an open mic night – solo or band performance, or set up your own band)
- Political (debates, gender equality, charity events for the local community and internationally, LGBT)
You will also have access and opportunity to be a part of a diverse range of sports clubs such as