Level 6 Business Management
The objective of the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on leadership and people management, strategic human resource management, operations management, sustainable business practice, financial decision making as well as the business research skills expected of a manager.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant Level 7 Diplomas. This qualification has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As the Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
What students will learn
- Leadership and People Management
- Business Research Project
- Operations Management
- Financial Decision Making
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Strategic Human Resource Management